It’s very stressful to have a blogging schedule in place but when the time for writing comes you desperately look for something interesting on Google.
It’s not a great position to be in at all. However, is even worse to say: “I don’t know that to write about”. Just a big fat lie that hides a lack mindset.
Thus, I decided to create a detailed post about Blog Content Ideas that you can bookmark and visit often without wasting precious time and energy on surfing randomly.
You don’t have to use all these sources. Once you find few that resonate with your passions and with the needs of your target market stick with them.
These are 28 Sources of Blog Content Ideas
- Your target market– this should be the most relevant source of blog content ideas. Who are the people you serve? What are their needs, frustrations or goals?
Ask them. Find the answers and turn them into useful content.
- Create and grow your own Facebook group– encourage the conversation and keep adding people. You will be amazed by the variety of ideas you can receive from their questions or posts.
- Facebook News Feed– see what your friends are talking about. Be an observer. What they enjoy the most? What are their questions? Start from here.
Quick tip: set your News Feed on “Highlighted Stories First” to receive only the most popular/engaging updates.
- Facebook Pages– your own, your friend’s pages or even better, the pages of various leaders/top marketers because these are visited by thousands of people.
- Facebook Groups – often visit few good groups from your niche where people post quality content and spamming is not allowed.
- Your passions-What excites you the most? What pumps tons of joy in your heart? Use that as an inspiration.
When you combine your passions with your business or even better you make a business from them it’s impossible not to have many things to share .
- Your readers
Ask questions at the end of each post you write. Use their answers/needs as a starting point for new pieces of content.
- Other blogs from your niche
If you want to be creative and productive, read. A lot. Visit new blogs daily and connect with their owners to learn Smart Writing Technique that would help.
- Blog comments
Always take the time to read the comments from your blog and other as well . Take advantage of those “gold nuggets”.
10 . Your list-Ask questions in your emails. Get on the phone/Skype. Listen to your prospects carefully and new suggestions will show up.
11. Twitter either you use it directly or you manage it with a tool such as Hootsuite or Tweet Deck, pay attention to the questions people ask and the most popular posts.
- The content already shared on Twitter– take a look at your most popular tweets/retweets , do a more detailed research about those topics and write new posts based on them.
- Your email newsletter reviews the emails with the highest click-through rate. This is content that matters for your subscribers. Take advantage of it.
- Stumble Upon– use the “Discover” option to find new interests, stumbles or channels related to your blog.
- Use a free keyword research tool such as Google Keyword Tool. Find low competition keywords that work for your niche and turn them into new posts.
- YouTube and other popular video-sharing websites such as Google Video, Metacafe, Daily Motion etc.
- Pick up the top bloggers from your niche and subscribe to their RSS feed to get fresh updates.
- Google Reader you have multiple options available to it: “Browse for stuff” ,”Stuff Picks”, adding keywords with “Search and Browse”, adding manually a blog URL with “Add subscription” option or you can directly subscribe to an RSS feed using the button displayed on the blogs you like.
- Blog Directories: Technorati, BlogCatalog, BlogRama, BlogFlux and so on.. are a good way to find new blogs and topics.
- Linked In: join groups related to your field. In order to find more quality ideas choose the ones with a large number or members and active discussions.
- Linked In Answers– you can ask questions about the problems you/your audience have and turn them into new posts. Secondly, make use of “Advanced Answers Search” to find out if others already answered to your question
22. Use Google Trends to Generate Content Ideas –
Using search engine trends to generate blog topics ideas is a solid SEO technique because your area knows that users are searching that keyword, making the blog post more likely to drive higher amounts of traffic to your site.
23. Yahoo Answers– another source of good info. You can either see what questions have already answers and use it in your posts or you can ask new ones.
24. Audio Books/ Webinars/ Interviews/books/quotes– When your inspiration is gone a book on marketing/personal development, an interview with a leader
25. Brainstorm each morning 20 new ideas– a simple method from Brian Tracy but very effective. Just take a piece of paper, write the main topic you want to talk about.
26. Make a list with your favorite blogs– pick up the blog posts you enjoy the most and make a list with the links and a short description for each one. Example: Top 10 internet marketing blogs to read in 2016.
- Ideas From Quora :- Quora is great Question and Answer website with lots of questions on Different topics. Surf these topics and find the unanswered topics. Try to write a blog with the solution to that question. That’s it! You got the idea to write a blog post.
- Guest posting
Finally, if you don’t have enough time to write or do a research, a good option is to invite few friends from the same niche to do a guest post on your blog. Thus, you help them expand their presence while keeping your readers happy.
As you can see there are countless sources of blog content ideas on the internet. Swimming through this “ocean” of information without a clear direction will drive you mad. Therefore, it’s more effective to be very selective with what you choose for your blog post writing.
These are the sources I used and still use the most since I’m online.
How about you? Where do you find more blog content ideas?
What did I miss?
I’d love to hear your opinion, ideas, and suggestions. Let’s meet in the comments area and talk more!